Sunday, June 6, 2010

Grandpa's 84th birthday

For my grandpa's birthday we were able to get the WHOLE Herrick family together. We celebrated at a park in North Ogden with some yummy food, lots of desserts, and just hanging out. It's always good to see everyone! My sister-in-law Amy was so kind (even though she didn't have a choice) to take a big family picture with everyone in it. It was a little bit of a chore from getting all the little kids attention to herself running to try to get in the picture. But it turned out great and is a picture that we will all cherish.


Isn't he so cute! I grew up next door to my grandpa and grandma Herrick so I got to see him alot. My favorite memory of him when I was little was just having him wave to me from across the field or his yard. Occasionally I would see him waving from even his kitchen window. I still love it today when I go to my parents house and he is outside doing his wave:) I am so grateful to have had such a great example in my life. I love him dearly! He is an amazing person and I know everyone in the family looks up to him too!


                                                Here are a few more pictures of the day.


The kids had a great time playing at the park! There was only one accident and of course it was my little Wyatt falling off the slide and hitting his head.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a fantastic job on your blog. This a great way to journal all the special events in your life. You are awesome. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

what a great picture of Grandpa!! (i might borrow it for a post later) He really is the greatest Grandpa around!!! Youre blog is so cute, Cheree. Since all the cousins are all grown up, and we don't get together much anymore, it's great to have blogs so that we can all keep in touch! :)