Saturday, July 10, 2010

Baptism Day!

WOW! I can't believe that my oldest is already 8 years old. Today turned out to be a great day(except for the fact that I could barely hold it together from the time I woke up.) Logan was so excited for this day to come and yet you could see that he was a little nervous too. Here is a short outline of how the program went: I was first to get up and do the spotlight on Logan. I'm not sure why they have the mother do this-I was already crying and we all know what we look like when we cry (NOT PRETTY!) but I was able to pull it together. Grandma Herrick gave the talk on Baptism and Grandma Stewart gave the talk on the Holy Ghost. Both did an amazing job! The baptism and confirmation was done by Aaron. He cried as well:) I am so grateful that he holds the priesthood- it was an overwhelming feeling to watch him baptize Logan. The witnesses were his Grandpa Herrick and Grandpa Stewart and to bring the program to a wonderful end Logan's great Grandpa; Patriarch LeRoy Herrick gave the closing prayer.



Here is most of all the family members who came to share this great day with us. We did miss Aunt Krisa, and cousins Kaden, Reed, and Eliza who weren't able to be there.


Afterwards we all went back to the house and ate great food and just hung out. We blew up our waterslide and let the kids cool off. Aaron with his wonderful ideas got out the 4-wheeler and pulled the kids around on our old trampoline mat in the sprinklers. The kids had a blast and even Logan's friend Max said that it was better than going to Lagoon.


The greatest Grandpa around!!!!!

1 comment:

J + A Humphreys said...

Logan is 8?? Wow, time flies. His baptism pictures are so cute. Glad he had a great day. It's true--Grandpa is the BEST.