Monday November 29th: Today was the start of our vacation adventure. Both Aaron and I were so excited we both decided to get a hotel room close to the airport since our flight was so early the next morning. The kids had asked the night before why I was packing and I told them that mom & dad were going on a trip and that they were staying with grandma & grandpa. But that we wanted them to spend the night with us in the hotel room and then grandma & grandpa would meet us in the morning to pick them up. They were fine with it and didn't think much of it. Little did they know:)
So Aaron took a half day off from work and we went and got Logan out of school early. We headed to the Hyatt to check in and the kids were on cloud nine. They thought it was so cool that they got to stay in a hotel room. We then took them to see the show Tangled which was so cute, went and got pizza and took it back to the hotel room, and then we let the kids go swimming for a bit. There was no one in the pool and we had it all to ourselves. The kids were a little sad that it was time to get them in bed. Aaron and I at this point were almost tempted to tell them that we were taking them to Disneyland but decided to hold off the big surprise for morning.
Logan wanted me to take a picture of them pretending to sleep...Wyatt had to take a peak though. It was a really good night and the kids loved it.
Tuesday November 30th: So all the excitement to tell the kids was finally here. We woke them up at 4:45am and let them try to wake up a bit before we were going to tell them the good news. When they were somewhat awake I got the video camera out and told them that grandma & grandpa weren't coming to get them and that we were taking them to Disneyland. I had been looking forward to this moment where my kids would be jumping up and down and so exited.....that didn't happen though. Instead they all 3 just kind of smiled and Logan just kept saying to us "your kidding, your not taking us your kidding." Part of me was like really! But then maybe we should of told them the night before and not 5am in the morning. Plus what were we thinking getting such an early flight. As they were waking up and we reached the airport they started getting excited especially about being able to fly in an airplane. They each had their own little backpacks filled with things to do on the plane...crayons, stamps, notepads, a book, and some snacks. Little did I remember the airplanes have t.v. so all my fun filled backpacks were pretty much useless, except for the snacks. They all did really good on the plane and I think Logan liked it the best.
Later that night we had tickets to the goofy dinner. Before they took us back to our table they took a picture of us with Minnie Mouse. (You know the pictures they take and then want ya to spend $40 dollars for it.) Kennady was clinging to me like crazy and was a little freaked out by her. The entire time she was clinging to my hip and practically sitting on me when every character came to greet us at our table. I had to tell her that they were regular people just dressed up in costumes- it helped a little bit. She did like Jasmine and Alice in Wonderland though. The characters came by a few times so by the end of dinner she was good enough to get some pictures with them. After dinner we let the kids walk around outside to see all the cute shrubs cut as characters and all the amazing Christmas decorations that were up. We ended up at the Lego store and we could of stayed there all night. The kids had fun making their own lego man that they got to keep. Logan's lego guy ended up being a pilot, he said he liked the airplane ride and that's why he chose to do that. Wyatt's was a cop and Kennady's was a girl with a broom, she said she sweeps just like I do. By that point the kids were tired and worn out from being up so early so we headed back to the hotel to catch our sleep.
Wednesday December 1st: The fun begins! The kids were really excited to do Toy Story Mania so we started out at California Adventure. There was hardly anybody in line for soarin california so we hit that ride first. After that the kids wanted to do the mickey ferris wheel that your cage rocks as it is going around. I HATE this ride and cried when I went with my mom and sister years ago. For some reason that is the only ride I can't handle. But I bucked up for the sake of my children and didn't want to freak them out by being scared, so needless to say I was more than happy to get off that ride. We then stood in line for about a half hour to do toy story mania. We should of started with that ride first. The kids loved it and wanted to do it again. The twins weren't big enough to ride screamin' california (roller coaster) so while Aaron and Logan did that the twins and I hopped on the merry-go-round. The line for the roller coaster was only like a 5 minute wait so after Aaron got done I took my turn to ride it again with Logan. He loved this ride and I have come to find out that he likes any ride that gives him an adrenaline rush.
By then the kids were getting a little hungry and we had decided to get tickets to see the World of Color show. If you buy their picnic package you got better seating at the show so we thought it might be worth it. The kids each got their own bag with their meal and a bracelet that lights up to wear that night. As we ate lunch the kids had fun feeding the birds their leftover food and as we were ready to head to a bug's life our adventure on this trip really began......Kennady threw up! WHAT!!!!!!!!! Aaron and I was hoping that maybe she just ate something the night before that maybe didn't agree with her so she said she was feeling okay so we headed to a bug's life. The show scared Kennady so I had to take her out a little early and as we were waiting for the boys I could tell she was looking a little pale and tired. We headed back to the hotel to let the kids have a nap and relax a bit. Kennady ended up throwing up again after her nap so Aaron took the boys back to california adventure for some more rides and the world of color show. Kennady had thrown up about 8 times that night and I was scrubbing floors and doing laundry. yeah! Aaron and the boys ended up getting back from the show and Logan started throwing up. COME ON! We had looked forward to this trip and now 2 out of the 3 kids have the flu. So much for flu shots! Aaron and I both looked at each other in awe and couldn't believe that this was happening. Logan had it really bad and had thrown up about 21 times in 6 hrs. I felt so bad for the kid. We had little sleep that night. And on top of that Happy Anniversary to us! I'll post about that later.
So I put on my smiley face and acted like I liked this ride. My stomach was turning the entire time and all I wanted to do was hold on for dear life.
Feeding the birds leftovers
This was the "chew chew" ride. It talked about eating your fruits and vegetables. Logan was pretty bored on this one.Thursday December 2nd: Well Logan was still feeling miserable and Kennady seemed to be doing fine. We were thinking that it was just the 24 hr flu and hopefully by afternoon Logan would be feeling okay to go watch the parade and fireworks that night. I took Wyatt & Kennady that morning to Disneyland while Aaron stayed back with Logan. We rode dumbo, buzz light year, the tea cups, nemo, and the circus train. We walked through a few shops and Wyatt had found a pirate sword that he wanted. I had heard about bibbidi bobbidi boutique and took Kennady in there to see if she would be interested in doing it. They have the little girls pick a princess hairdo, nail polish, and some makeup and then these princesses make them up like princesses and they get to keep all the makeup, polish, and hair accessories. It was really cute but Kennady was the least bit interested. Instead she chose a big lollipop. crazy girl! We then headed back to the hotel for some lunch and to rest a bit. Kennady then threw up again and Logan was still feeling yucky so we rented a $15 movie, hung out in the hotel room, and watched the fireworks from our hotel room window. It was all I could do to not think about how much we spent to stay couped up in the hotel room.
POOR KID!
Waiting in line for the nemo ride and once again Kennady was scared in the submarine because the lady said not to get out any treats cuz it may attract the sharks. I had to assure her that "bruce" was not a real shark.
Friday December 3rd: The night before had gone pretty good without anyone throwing up so we decided to be at Disneyland first thing in the morning to hit as much as we could since it was our last day at the parks. Aaron & Logan hit all the bigger rides (Indiana Jones, Matterhorn, etc.) The twins and I were able to do Peter Pan's flight, Alice in Wonderland, and it's a small world. Once again two of those rides Kennady was scared. Isn't Disneyland supposed to be one of the greatest places for kids to go? Why are my kids scared?
When we met up with the big boys we got fast passes to buzz light year, went and rode Matterhorn and Kennady loved it. I don't get it- she is afraid of all the kiddie rides but loves to do the big fast rides. I think she would be just as happy with Lagoon. We then went back to buzz light year and went a little early to get good seating for the star wars Jedi training. As we were waiting we all snacked on a chocolate pudding mouse that Aaron got...yummy! So when the Jedi training was about to begin we had Wyatt wave at the announcer and give him a big wink. Hopefully that will make him chose Wyatt:) The announcer smiled and gave him a thumbs up. So when the training began and the announcer was calling kids out from the audience Wyatt was in the front row jumping up and down and razing his hand. The announcer chose Wyatt to come up, the wink worked. He was so excited and he was able to wear the Jedi robe and then they gave him a blue light saber to start the training. After they trained all the kids it was time to fight Darth Vader and Darth mall. Kennady was once again freaked out by Darth mall and was crying and wanted to leave. Wyatt was the first to go up to fight Darth Vader and show him his mad training skills. Afterwards they gave him a Jedi training certificate and he thought he was such a stud. Later that night at the hotel room he got his sword out and was showing us his cool moves because he was now a Jedi (according to him.)
We then went to Autopia and the kids got their drivers licence and we drove the cars. They were to little to drive their own so half way through it I unbuckled the seat belt so Wyatt & Kennady could swap places and it turned the car off. Oh crap! I had made a line up behind me and luckily before one of the workers got to us I was able to get it started again. By then it was lunch time and the kids were hungry. We usually go back to the hotel to eat but decided to stay at the park so we could get in more time there. We ate at a yummy mexican place by Mark Twain's boat ride. We then headed for the big boys to ride space mountain but Kennady insisted on going to. Aaron warned her that the entire ride is in the dark and that it would probably scare her. She still chose to go on it and ended up loving it so both me and her went on it again. We then let the kids pick out something to take home with them from one of the shops close by. Kennady chose a cute necklace that had her initial on it, Wyatt chose R2D2, and Logan chose a clone wars guy. We went back to the hotel for the kids to rest and get a nap in so later we could go back to the parade and fireworks. Both Aaron & I agreed that we could call it a successful trip if we could just get the parade and fireworks in. After the kids woke up we were about ready to head back to the park and Kennady threw up. It was so quick this time we couldn't get her to a bowl so it got all over the bed sheets and comforter. We had to call the front desk for more bedding again. What the crap! So once again we rented another $15 movie, hung out in the hotel room, and watched the fireworks from our room window. Wyatt then had began with a deep cough and wasn't feeling good and as soon as we were all ready for bed he throws up. AWESOME! Now all three of the kids have the flu. Next time we won't share water bottles!
Kids waiting for the shuttle to take us to Disneyland and Wyatt being his funny self on the bus.
It's a small world ride. They had Christmas decorations up and in between the small world song they had Christmas music playing. I still can't get that small world song out of my head.
waiting at the Jedi training
The plane ride went well and we were able to make it home before Wyatt & Kennady threw up again. I've never been so glad to be at home! HOME SWEET HOME
All my sick lings and Aaron who hates pictures so I hurried and got one of him relaxing.
Well amongst the kids having the flu they still said they had fun. All Logan ever wants is just to spend time as a family so whether we were at Disneyland or couped up in the hotel room you could say that the trip was somewhat a success. The first two days were great and I'm glad we were still able to get rides in here and there. I am thankful that Aaron tried to make the best of it by making me not worry so much of how much we had spent since there was nothing we could do about it. And that he would actually pay $15 to rent a movie from the hotel room so that we could have something to do. We both just shrugged our shoulders and new that it was probably a trip that we will never forget.
Our favorite thing about our trip
Aaron & Cheree- The day at the beach
Kennady- Soarin' California at California adventure
Wyatt- Jedi training
Logan- Screamin' California (roller coaster)
1 comment:
This is a monster of a post! I loved looking at all the pictures.
Post a Comment