Last September we got an opportunity to go to Lake Powell by a random ksl ad that Aaron had seen. Long story short we enjoyed the families and I think they enjoyed us to so they asked us to go again. The first experience was great and the whole family loved it that we couldn't pass up the opportunity again. So we headed for another weeks stay in Lake Powell for some more fun, fun, and lots of more fun!!!! The only set back was that we chose to leave Sydnee at home. I had a really hard time leaving her and missed her dearly but after being in 102 degree weather a couple of the days there and as busy as we stayed doing everything we could think of, I am glad we left her home. I think the other kids enjoyed the fact that we could play and play with them without saying just a minute I need to feed Sydnee and etc. It was good for me as well to spend the time with just them also. It was comforting to know that she was going to be loved and well taken care of. (HUGE THANKS to Krisa, my mom, and Jocie for helping us out) Here are alot of pictures of our wonderful trip to Lake Powell. I was to lazy to sort them out so they are all random.
We found a great spot to do some cliff jumping. I was amazed at how daring the kids were. Logan was super brave and went off the highest one...CRAZY! He even was trying to do turns in the air and even dived off a pretty good one also.
One of the other families had a really nice boat that had air bags underneath to create a big wake to surf on. Aaron and I both had the chance to do it and I was amazed at how easy it was to get up on just a surf board with no feet straps. Aaron got good enough that he was able to throw the rope into the boat and just surf the wave. It was pretty cool! I was never able to let go of the rope but I was able to surf. It was alot of fun!
Lake Powell has some amazing sunsets
We had to get a family picture before we headed back for home :( We are just missing Sydnee!
Our little captains! On the way back to the marina to head home, the kids all had a chance to drive the boat.
The other picture is of Matt and Suzanne Luker who own the houseboat and who are very generous to have us come.
On Sunday all the families got in the boats and headed to a spot to go hiking. We found baby frogs, built a dam at the top of a waterfall, and enjoyed the scenery.
The kids were exhausted and ended up falling asleep in the boat. I especially enjoy the picture of Wyatt face down and half way off the edge.
The kids loved creating their own little dam. They had an assembly line to keep the water going and the adults even got in on the fun!
Wyatt is fully content with not doing any of the water activities. He fell off the tube once and that was the end of it for him. Aaron decided to get the wake board and just have him put his feet in the boots and pull him along shore just to get the feel of it and have fun. When we went out in the channel to get cell service Aaron asked Wyatt if he wanted to try and wake board (thinking he would say no) but to our surprise he said yes. We got him in the water and tried a few times but he wasn't able to stay up and he was done. I was super proud of him for even trying and when he got in the boat we gave him some high fives and he grinned from cheek to cheek. That made both Aaron and I day!
This was the first day we got there and we took a little ride down to the marina and let the kids cool off in the water while we waited to get on the houseboat. It was a whopping 102-104 degrees. Oooh was it hot!
Logan was completly exhausted I guess. He slept for a straight 2 hrs on the way home. I think there might of been a little drool too :)
My daring 10 yr.old. Hmmm lets see who he takes after....yup his dad!!!
WAKEBOARDING
FISHING- Wyatt's favorite thing to do thereLearning how to surf...super fun!
Aaron surfing
The kids had fun making tied dyed shirts
We had an amazing and fun filled week. The kids didn't want to head home but I was sure anxious to get home to sweet Sydnee. One thing I want to share so I can remember is that on Sunday morning we had a spiritual message and then anyone who wanted to would say what their favorite hymn was, why and then we would sing it. Someone was thinking when they brought hymn books with them. It went on for quite awhile and the spirit was strong. There were alot of tearful eyes. I am glad we took the opportunity to do it. Later that night we watched 17 miracles, all I can say is that we sure are blessed these days!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment