24th of July Parade
Aaron had to work and Logan and Kennady went boating with their cousins and Wyatt didn't want to go with them so I decided to take Wyatt to see the 24th of July Parade. I am not a fan of parades but thought it might be something that Wyatt would enjoy so we ventured out to deal with the crowds. The weather was a little crappy but I guess it's better than the hot hot weather. Wyatt didn't seem to mind to much in the beginning but then got a little bored waiting for it to start. He bought himself a toy machine gun to keep him occupied and then after about 10 minutes after the parade started he was ready to go home. They weren't throwing out any candy (not sure why cuz that's all I enjoyed when I went to parades) and Wyatt was bored with the marching bands and many horses. So we packed up and went to see daddy at work. It was worth a try!
ICE BLOCKING
We needed to get out of the house so I asked the kids what they wanted to do and we ended up choosing Ice blocking. It is a great activity that doesn't cost much and the kids kept themselves busy for a while. It's amazing what an ice block can do :)Airplane Grandpa had never heard of ice blocking and came to watch the fun.
MAJOR "ROCK STAR"
The kids were playing around with Sydnee one day and decided to make her a "major rock star." They were laughing and giggling and Wyatt kept on saying major rock star (like on Alvin and the chipmunks) I thought it was cute!PARK CITY
Here I am back to Park City but this time with all the kids. Aaron was away to Youth Conference for 3 days so I decided to get out of the house as well. We got a room right next to the pool that had a sliding door. It worked out wonders, especially when Sydnee was napping. As soon as we got there the kids put their swimsuits on and swam for three hours straight. They were loving it!! We had our own swimming Olympic races...the girls won. :) We played lots of ping pong and pool. We ordered in pizza for dinner and snacked on our treats we got at the store. And we ended the night with more swimming and of course the hot tub. Wyatt stayed in the hot tub most of the time and he was chatting it up with 5 ladies who were on a girls trip. They thought he was the cutest thing ever. I have to agree!Sydnee loved her tube and loved to splash and kick her feet.
Logan is quite the ping pong player!
HOGLE ZOO
On the way home from Park City I saw the Hogle Zoo sign and decided that if we were going to go- now would be the time since we were down that way. I asked the kids, their response was yes yes yes and so I took the next exit and headed to the Zoo. This was our fun day.
When we first got to the Zoo a worker had an owl out for the kids to see. They stayed somewhat interested for a minute then wanted to head to see the gorilla's.
The kids liked seeing the new sea lions and the white polar bear.
In the picture with Wyatt there is a huge Iguana. He loved seeing that.
The kids had a great time messing around with the elephants tusk. Every so often it would spray water out of it. They got a kick out of it.
TRAIN RIDE
What a two day adventure! On the way home after the zoo I could barely keep my eyes opened. I was so worn out taking all the kids by myself and I sometimes wonder why I do half the things I do but as I was putting the pictures on this blog I couldn't help but smile and think of how fun it really ended up being. GOOD TIMES!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment