A little update: After 4 months of being in her preschool I felt like Kennady wasn't moving forward at all and she wasn't wanting to go to school, which is a little unusual for her. After talking with her she had finally said that it was boring. Last year she loved going and caught on really well with knowing her letters and sounds and even writing her name. This year I ask her what she learned at school that day and the response is always "nothing". There has hardly been any homework sheets or even paper work on what letter they are working on, etc. I don't expect alot of homework but I at least want to know or see something she learned in the 2 1/2 hrs she was there. So I happened to find out from a friend of mine about this other preschool that the kids are starting to read and are ready for Kindergarten by the time preschool is over. I went and met with the teacher and after a few minutes of her showing me her curriculum, I was definitely impressed.
After only 2 days at her new preschool, Kennady is back to wanting to learn more, comes home happy, and enjoys doing her homework with me. She has seen some of the other kids reading and it has made her excited to start learning how to read. I was a little hesitant taking her away from her friends but had come to find out that another little girl in our neighborhood was in this new preschool, so viola things were going to be just fine and her mom wants to car pool...even better. I am 100% sure that we made the right decision.
Today was their field trip to the tree house museum. When we first got there they had everyone meet in a room and the worker did a cute little story on different animals. Some of the kids were chosen to come up and participate with the animal puppets. When she was done they let the kids go explore the museum.
Kennady's first place she wanted to go was upstairs in the music room. She played the drums and fiddled with every other musical instrument there. Even baby Ryan (her cousin) joined us and was loving it to.
We then played chess and she put together a puzzle of a Knight.
Next was off to stacking blocks. She looked at the directions of what to do and off she went putting them together.
The final result!
Then it was lego time. Both Kennady and Ryan were very content so we stayed here the rest of the time until the group was ready to meet for one last story time. Kennady didn't want to leave.
No comments:
Post a Comment