Saturday, January 22, 2011

Logan (scouts-flag ceremony)

At pack meeting this month the cub scouts were in charge of the flag ceremony.  When Logan found out they were in charge of it he was really excited.  Don't let the picture below fool ya, he takes after his mom and that's just what we look like when we are excited about things. :)  We have a hard time showing it-at least that's what I've been told. 
When I found out they were in charge of flag ceremony I instantly called  my mom to have her sew on his patches and troop number.  Sad that it took something important for me to get his patches on but at least it's done now.  Maybe I should learn how to sew!  Anyway Logan called Grandma Herrick to thank her for doing that for him and he invited her to come see him receive his Bobcat award.  He kept on saying how we was going to get his bobcat and was really proud of it.  Unfortunately because of some miscommunication he didn't receive his award that night.  Aaron and I were both a little bothered being to where this was the second month in a row that this has happened.  Logan was a little confused why he didn't get it again but ended up being a good sport about it.  There is always next month! 

The cub master had talked about having positive attitudes and had them do an activity centered around it.  They split up into two teams and each team had to try and get all their papers on the other teams side.  They all had alot of fun with it and all had "positive attitudes."  They ended the night with cookies and running around and throwing their prizes in the basketball hoops.

No comments: