Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What kids say and do

So this past week Wyatt and Logan have said and done some things that caught my attention.  Here's what they said and did!

Wyatt:  At Wyatt's last soccer game I had to do a little bribing in order for him to pay attention in his soccer game.  He is usually in la la land or pulling his shirt over his head so I told him if he made a goal I would take him to the store and buy him a new Lego set.  He was thrilled!  Within the first 15 minutes of the game, he scored....whut! whut!  What a little bribing can do :) He ended up scoring one more goal before the game was over also and Grandma Herrick gave him a few dollars to put towards his toy.  He was a happy little boy!
So we headed to Walmart to pick out his new toy and on the way home he wanted to stop by my sisters and play with his little cousin Mack.  On the ride there he said "mom I don't know why I did so good in my game." I told him it was because he played hard and did his best.  There was a few minutes of silence and then he told me "actually I do know" and I asked him why and he said it was because Jesus Christ helped me.  I could only smile and thought that was the cutest thing ever.

Logan:  So a few days ago I got a call from Logan half way through school saying that his stomach hurt and that he didn't feel very good.  I picked him up and asked him the normal questions: do you feel like you need to throw up, what did you eat for lunch, etc.  He told me they had fish for lunch and that he didn't get to eat it all because he didn't have time.  I figured he was maybe getting the stomach bug or flu so I had him go home and lie down on the couch for a while.  After a few hours he was wrestling with Wyatt & Kennady and was feeling fine.  He asked if he could go with dad up to grandpa's house so he could drive the mini excavator with him.  I told him no because I wasn't sure if he was still sick.  He ended up telling me that he wasn't really sick and that he lied so he wouldn't have to take a big test on the continents.  What?  Logan has always been our good kid and has always told us the truth, so I was a little taken back at what he did......LITTLE FART!!!!!  It is actually pretty funny but needless to say he had to go cut Grandma Stewarts lawn without getting paid for it and he ended up going with dad to do some extra work up at airplane Grandpa's lot.  He ended up saying he was sorry and we talked to him about when he does stuff like that it makes it hard for us to trust him.  I am a little impressed that he told us the truth about not really being sick, so I have to give that to him. 

No comments: