Tuesday, August 23, 2011

1st day of school

I can't believe that all three of my kids will be in school.  This is Wyatt & Kennady's first year and are entering Kindergarten.  I remember how I longed for this day but now that it is here I'm not so sure anymore.  The twins were more than excited to start school and Logan was just excited to show everyone his new Nike backpack and puma shoes. :)  He is not one to get excited about school.  He has struggled the last couple of years so I am hoping this year will be a little different....we'll see.
The morning went well and everyone was in good spirits, even myself.  I was doing pretty good and felt a little weird that I wasn't to sad that all my kids would be gone most of the day.  We headed to the bus stop, I snapped a few shots, came home and ended up losing it.  I walked through the door and it hit me that my kids were growing up way to fast.  I definitely wasn't used to how quit the house was and I missed having someone near me. I'm sure this feeling will only last a few days until I realize how great it is to have a few hours to myself to do whatever.  That is until January comes and our new little one arrives.

This was the outfit Kennady herself picked out when Grandma Herrick took her school shopping. Cute!

His shirt that he picked out with Grandma Herrick also. 

Logan was all about picking out his clothes this year.  It was kind of fun to see him get excited and know what would be cool. :) He picked him out some skinny jeans and dad was thrilled about that...ha ha!


After they hopped on the bus I followed them to the school and tried to get a few pictures.  Wyatt turned around and happened to see me and ended up pulling a frowny face at me.  I think he was feeling a little overwhelmed so I ended up not staying long. 


Them getting off the bus!  They both came running to me and I got an ear full of how fun school was.

Logan came home later that day, walked in the house, threw his book bag down and said that school is stupid and that he already has homework.  We are off to another great start and school year....yay!

LOGAN: 4th grade- Mrs. Lafleur's class
WYATT & KENNADY:  A.M. Kindergarten- Mrs. Rasmussen

No comments: