So this is the last week before school starts. I am somewhat glad that it is starting back up but yet more sad than anything. With me being so sick at the beginning of summer I feel like half the kids summer was such a waste. I feel like such a horrible mother and feel like the kids have missed out on so much. I have tried to squeeze in as much as possible this last month but feel like there is so much I still want to do with the kiddos. A friend of ours has invited us to go swimming with them every monday and we have tried to go as much as possible but I knew this would be the last time they could go before school so I jumped at the opportunity.
The kids had fun playing on the blowup toys, diving and jumping off the diving board, diving for rings at the bottom of the pool, and just being a kid...squirting each other, dunking each other, etc. The best thing about it for me was just watching them have a fun day. My swimsuit is not fitting me to great and it tends to ride half way up my rounded belly so I sat on the side soaking up my legs in the sun since I am to cheap to go by a maternity suit since summer is practically over. I loved not being at a public pool as well and there were only 8 kids total to keep an eye on. It was grand!
No comments:
Post a Comment