Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

This year we kept valentines simple.  We didn't do a thing or get the kids anything, how horrible am I.  Usually I like to get up and make heart shaped pancakes for breakfast or do a dinner with everything red, something cute and fun for the kids but let's face it...our mornings and some days are a little bit hectic.  I usually will get the kids something, a new shirt or DS game or something that they might be in need of but this year I didn't get around to doing it. (I'm the worst mom ever)
The kids didn't even notice or say anything and they were just happy with the crappy treats they got from all their classmates at school, so I guess it worked out.  Of course my mom saved the day with bringing them their traditional holiday sack.  They are filled with a mini box of cereal, a no-sugar fruit drink, pudding, fruit snacks and a small piece of candy.  The kids love to get these each holiday.  My mom even did a sack for Sydnee with a small toy and a few pieces of candy for me :) I never pass up a treat, I should but I don't :)

My mom had stopped by right before we headed out to get Subways for dinner.  Not a great Valentine's dinner but at least I didn't have to cook.

No comments: