This past weekend my sister-in-law and I took off to California to see a live taping of Dancing with the stars. My wonderful father-in-law put his name in for lottery tickets back in November for Jocie's birthday and they emailed him saying they had tickets for the Tuesday night show. He had to know quickly so Jocie called me up and we made quick arrangements to make it happen. Needless to say we were both dang excited to go and what a fun way to have a girls weekend. This is a sum of how our trip went:
Sunday: In order to make the trip as cheap as possible we decided to save alot of money and fly stand-by with Todd being a pilot. Most of the flights on Monday were half full so we decided to go a day earlier and have a little extra time to ourselves. Our flight left bright and early and we arrived in California at 7:30am. We checked into our hotel and went straight to a local denny's for breakfast. Our hotel served breakfast but it was $13.95 a plate. What? I thought most hotels these days serve continental breakfasts....oh well! We later found out that we also had to pay $10 a day to park our car there. Whatever! So after we were stuffed we headed back to the hotel to unpack and decide what we wanted to do the rest of the day. As I was unpacking my suitcase, Jocie was on her cellphone talking with her brother when I hear her take a deep sigh and say "this is not my suitcase". I looked over and she had a suitcase full of guys clothes. I however thought it was kindof funny and couldn't stop laughing mostly because I can't believe that it happened. Even though she was somewhat laughing herself I know deep down she didn't think it was funny. I know I wouldn't be happy if it were my bag that was switched. She was a good sport though and let me get a picture for some good memories and laughs later on.
We immediately went back to the airport and turned in the bag. Jocie's bag had not been turned in yet so we gave the lady all of Jocie's information and headed back to the hotel. We decided not to waste a day hanging around waiting for the airport to call so we headed up to Universal Studios to walk around all the shops and try to enjoy the day. We grabbed some lunch, watched a movie, and headed to target to get Jocie some extra clothes since we hadn't heard a thing about her luggage yet. We were both worried that he had caught another flight maybe to Hawaii or was going on a cruise. She bought just the necessities and we ended the night back at the hotel. WHOOPS!!!!
Our day at universal studios. Ya always need a picture in front of the hard rock cafe:)
Monday: We got up and decided to head to the beach to hang out for the first half of the day and to try to stay close to the airport in case her luggage was turned in. As we were getting ready to head out Jocie yanked the tags of her clothes and within a couple seconds of doing that she got the phone call from the airport that her luggage had been turned in. Luckily we took the clothes along with the yanked off tags back to target and told them what had happened and they were nice enough to return them. Jocie was in a whole different mood with her bag being back. YAY! We went and grabbed her luggage, she hurried and changed and we were back in good spirits to head out for the day.
We started at the beach, walked around the little shops, took a stroll out on the pier, saw a film being made, and to my surprise saw marijuana being sold and used since it's legal there. We even got asked to buy some. We headed up towards hollywood blvd and stopped for lunch at the cheesecake factory. It's Jocie's favorite place and I had never been there before. It was really yummy and we ate plenty. Our goal was to go and walk hollywood blvd to see all the stars on the sidewalk but with our wonderful gps....wound up in the hills of hollywood. It was actually kindof fun to see the houses but eventually found our way back to the main blvd. We hung out there until it was getting late and went back to the hotel to watch monday nights dancing with the stars so we would be caught up for tuesday night.
Had to get a picture of her with her glorious found and returned bag.
Our day at the beach and on the pier.
I have a few favorite stars that we were able to see and get a picture of. We weren't able to walk the whole strip but we did find Kirstie Alley's who is on Dancing with the stars this season. Go Kirstie!
My all time favorite singer is Celine dion. I loved her when I was younger! She sometimes doesn't have the greatest songs but is one of the greatest singers around. (That's what I think)
Another all time favorite!
Tuesday: Today was the big day! We spent about 2 Hrs getting all fancied up and looking cute and for some reason neither one of us had a picture of our hot little selves. :) We tried with my camera but the auto timer wasn't working and I had the lower half of my body and Jocie's face showing. It wasn't cute and then we both left the camera's behind at the hotel because we couldn't have them at the show. So we have no pictures of that great event. The gate opens at 3pm to start letting everybody in. We got there around 11:30 to check on the line and a few people were all ready waiting. We decided to park the car and go and get some lunch and keep checking the line. It had been an hour and as we walked around the corner there were already about 20-25 people standing in line. We decided since our tickets weren't guaranteed that we better step in line and wait it out for 2 1/2 hours to make sure we get in. We sat by some really nice ladies who were quite entertaining so our time in line actually went by pretty quick. They took us back by the cbs studio doors where we went threw security and had to have our phones put with a number and taken away. We couldn't have camera's, cell phones, food, or even gum in our mouths. We waited about another 1/2 hr to get in our seats and it finally hit me that we were really at Dancing with the stars. We were up on the balcony but our seats were pretty decent. We were right in the middle and were facing the judges. It was really fun to see all the celebrities and just be there! Stevie Nicks performed as well as Neo and the show was amazing. We didn't get to see all of them perform their dances but it is something I would love to go back next season with a bigger group of girls and watch the Monday night showing. I am so grateful that I even got the opportunity to go and be a little star struck for once. It was awesome!!!!!
Wednesday: Our trip was at an end and we were both pretty sad to go back to our normal lives at home. We both enjoyed the peace and quiet we had for 4 days and being able to sleep in if we wanted. Unfortanately I had some bad luck on the flight home. I hadn't been feeling very well and half way into the flight home I was really hot and clamy and felt a little dizzy as well as that feeling of maybe throwing up. I was trying to do all I could to keep occupied but the feeling kept getting worse. I went back to the bathroom but someone was already in it, i sat down in an empty seat and the flight attendant happened to be going down the aisle with a trash bag collecting everyones beverages. I asked her for another bag and told her I wasn't feeling well and that I wasn't sure if I would hold out until the bathroom was free. The bathroom came available and I just sat down on the floor and took some deep breaths and tried not to throw up. I went back to my seat and swapped Jocie places so I could sit by the window. Within a couple of minutes I lost it and was throwing up. How freaking embarrasing! The flight attendants were bringing me more bags, cold cloths, and an ice pack to put on the back of my neck. I'm pretty sure at this point everbody knew I had thrown up. Jocie took her moment to get back at me for laughing when her luggage got switched and said well we started with a bang and ended with a bang. I told her I would rather loose my luggage:) It was not a pleasant flight home and I hope I never have to experience that again. The worst thing was I had to hang onto my "goods" until our flight landed and then I had to carry it and hand it to the flight attendant to get rid of it. I had never been so excited to land in SLC.
1 comment:
Ha Ha Ha!! Cheree Why didn't you tell me that happened to you on the flight home. :( That really does suck but kind of funny at the same time. I still wish I was able to go along!
Post a Comment