Wednesday, September 26, 2012

MEET AMA :)

WELCOME HOME AMA
Today I got to experience a once in a lifetime moment.  My brother has been going through quite the journey to adopt a little girl from Africa and today they were able to bring her home.  Her name is Ama and she is a sweet fun loving girl who is full of smiles.  We have all been so eager to finally meet and welcome her!!  Here's a bunch of pictures of a moment I will never forget.  I don't think there was a dry eye in the place. It was amazing to experience it and I am so grateful for my brother and sister-in-law who had the desire to give this little girl a wonderful life and the greatest thing ever.....a family!!!!
These first few pics are of us anxiously waiting:
Maddy with the sign they made  
The proud brother and sisters! And dad who was a little overwhelmed he said.
                                                
Those who were there:  Grandparents from both sides, My sister and her two kids, my sister-in-laws niece Kelsey, my brothers good friend Rylan and his family, Rylans parents Rex and Jaime who made this adoption come about.
Who can pass up a picture of these two love bugs :)
THE MOMENT:
Here is sweet little Ama.  I really can't express the emotion that came over me when I actually got to see her.  I have seen pictures but to actually have her officially here was overwhelming.  As soon as she saw my brother and now her daddy, she ran to him and jumped into his arms and gave him a big hug.  It seemed like she has known him a long time. She was just full of smiles and was so cute.  She loved playing with the balloons and was very playful.   
Here is my sweet and patient sister-in-law, Amy.  Her face alone tells ya the emotions that were there (even though the picture isn't the greatest) It was really so surreal.  



AMA! What a doll!! Amazingly she loves the camera and she also loves taking pictures.  She actually grabbed my sisters camera at one time and took a picture...it was really cute.
 Ama had brought back some gifts from Africa for her new brother and sisters.  


                                      The proud grandparents!
 I had to get in a picture too!  I was amazed that with all of us there and with all the camera taking that she didn't get shy or overwhelmed.  She was really just full of smiles!!
This is Rex and Jamie.  She is Rylan's mom who works in Africa in one of the orphanages there.  She fell in love with Ama and wanted this little girl to be adopted.  Long story short they knew of Amy and her desire to adopt and from there everything kind of fell in their lap.  Ama was very excited to see Jaime there and gave her hugs and kisses to.
                                Ama and her new brother and sisters :)
What a moment!  Their first picture as a family!  It can't get better than that!!!! 
Some pics after all the excitement died down a bit to remember this great day!

I am so excited for my brother and their new adopted girl.  I will never forget this experience that I got to be apart of.  I almost didn't go because Sydnee has a pretty good cold but I got a last minute whim and threw a hat on and ended up going.  I am so glad I didn't miss out. Pure LOVE is such a blessing!


No comments: