Wednesday, January 11, 2012

December doings

Where did December go?  I got a text from my sister saying I needed to update my blog....it hadn't even crossed my mind that I havn't posted anything that we have done in December.  I have been lazy in my picture taking, which I am sad about, so hopefully me just journaling some events won't bore ya to much.

DECEMBER 2ND
Earlier this year the Stewart girls tried to plan a girls weekend but we were never able to get together. We decided to make it just a girls night out so we had dinner at the Greenery and headed to see The Forgotten Carols.  The show was amazing and I think we all at one time felt the spirit and had a few tears.  We don't get together to often so it was fun being all together.  Wished I didn't look like a fat cow :)

CHRISTMAS BREAK!
Oh how the kids were counting down the days to get out of school.  For them it couldn't come fast enough.  They had fun playing with friends and having a few sleep overs.  Every year over the christmas break Grandma Stewart has the grandkids over for a sleepover.  One night she has all the girls and the next night she has all the boys.  The kids LOVE it!!!!  Not only did they sleep over at Grandmas but they had a few sleepovers with the cousins either at our house or theirs.  It's usually the only time they get to have sleepovers so it is a highlight for them.
We had alot of activities written down that the kids wanted to do over the break and even though we only did a few of them we mostly stayed at home and just spent every minute playing games, etc. with the kids, as well as getting things ready for the new baby. Aaron had the whole week off and I loved being able to spend time with them before our new little one arrives. Aaron spent most of the time with the kids so I could rest and prop up my HUGE ACHING FEET.  It brought tears to my eyes to see him enjoying that time with them.  I know he had alot of things that he wanted to get done around the house and out in his shop but he put those aside and I'm so thankful of how wonderful of a dad and husband he is. 
We had gone for a drive one night and asked the kids what their favorite thing about christmas was this year and Wyatt was first to say, spending time with you daddy :)  Logan and Kennady also agreed.  It was a great Christmas break.

CHRISTMAS EVE:
This year just our little family stayed home and hung out.  We always have them open one gift and so this year we had them open their gifts from airplane Grandpa.  He was in Colorado so we turned skipe on and let him watch the kids open their gifts from him.  The main gift he got our family this year was a Yonanas machine.  It makes a soft serve ice cream from bananas and whatever other fruits you want to do.  We tried it out that night and it was really really good.  It's healthy for ya too which is a plus.
We finally got the kids settled in bed and Wyatt and Kennady were fast asleep as Logan was constantly getting up either blowing his nose, getting a drink, or going potty.  Santa had a later night than expected :)

CHRISTMAS DAY:
Merry Christmas!  This year with Christmas being on Sunday we got to break up the day and spend an hour in Sacrament meeting.  I thought it was going to be a little bit of a pain trying to get kids away from playing with their toys to go sit in church but they got ready without a fight.  I actually enjoyed being able to sit in sacrament and reflect on the true meaning of christmas and our Savior.  It made Christmas a little more special this year.
Here's a few pictures of the rest of the day.
Wyatt got a city lego set, his thundercat sword, and a boxing game.  He was super excited.

Kennady got rollerblades which just made the day, a dance game for the wii, and she loves playing legos with the boys so santa brought her own house lego set.



Logan got a few Lego kingdom sets....he LOVES playing and building legos, a bmx bike, and a fox hat he has been wanting.                                                                                                                                   

 
Who's the excited one in this picture?  Santa brought the family a new game for the xbox.  It's called skylanders and you actually have your own character that you place on a pad and it recognizes your character and they each have their own powers.  Dad was sssooooooo excited!  The kids had alot of fun picking their characters and playing it later that night.

Kennady was so excited to try out her new rollerblades and luckily their wasn't any snow on the ground so she put them on and off she went.  She did really good for her first time out on them. 

Grandma Herrick's house later that night: 


 Every year my dad has fun getting all the kids the same gift.  Here they all are getting ready to open Grandpa's gifts.
 What did they get?  Matching beanies 
I never usually get pictures of what we get our mom and dad but I happened to get them this year.  My mom has been in desperate need of a new vacuum for years.  She has vacuum hoses and the handle duct taped to keep things together. (probably my dad's doing because he doesn't get rid of anything)  so we were a little surprised when he mentioned she needed a new one.  With dad's help us kids pitched in and finally got her a new vacuum.  YAY! I think she liked it.

Dad on the other hand is hard to buy for.  This year though I think we did alright.  With him being so darn skinny he is always freezing so we got him some hot chili's to go under his work clothes and my sister found him his all time favorite cologne.....Elsha.  I can't believe that stuff is still around, thank you Harmons!

No comments: