Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What does rain bring?

A flooded basement and a big mess!  Aaron and I were on our way home from going out to dinner with some friends and we both had mentioned that we needed to check the water level when we got home.  We got home and our babysitter was watching Napoleon Dynamite so after I had taken her home I came back and Aaron was sitting on the couch watching it.  We both hadn't seen it for awhile and were both a little intrigued, so I plopped myself down next to him thinking that he had checked the water level and that everything was fine.  A little time had gone by when I could hear this weird sound.  Our water heater was running like crazy and we both knew what that meant.  We both had forgotten to check the water level! CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!!!!!  Their were puddles of water all in our crawl space, the kids play room carpet was completely wet as well as our main living room and game room down stairs. Aaron instantly started ripping up the carpet and I was just livid that this was happening.  If we would have checked the water level none of this would have happened.  I have been longing for new carpet for a while and to see him just ripping it up and throwing wet pads out our window didn't make things any better.  I stood there just pissed and a little emotional which then got Aaron mad since my bad attitude wasn't helping anything either.  Needless to say it was a long night!  We got the carpet ripped up and the fans going to start drying out the mess.  The crawl space was another story!  We got the major stuff moved so it wouldn't get ruined and left the rest for the next day. 




                                           
Who likes big messes.....NOT ME!  For three days everything was piled in the middle of the floor in both rooms.  It gives me anxiety. 

Aaron spent all day Saturday getting the sump pump figured out and where to run it to drain it out of the house.  It was a big process but he got it figured out and I'm glad he's a handy man.  This is what the kids play room looks like now. 

What a way to spend spring break weekend!

No comments: