Today was fast and testimony meeting in church, but today was a little different. We were half way through the meeting when Wyatt came up to Aaron and I and told us he was going to bear his testimony. We have never pushed the issue with the kids to do it and really have never even talked about it with them. So when Wyatt told us he wanted to- how do ya tell him no. That is something I never want them to feel as if they can't or shouldn't. So he headed up to the stand and sat down by the bishop until it was his turn. In my mind I was thinking of all the crazy things he has said just in his nightly prayers and was thinking how crazy it could get. My fingers were crossed and hoping he wouldn't pray for donuts (since he likes to in his prayers). But he got up to the microphone and said I love my Heavenly Father and then I think he got nervous so he turned around to the bishop and with the bishops help he finished his testimony and did a great job. It brought a tear to my eye and I really do feel that he had felt the spirit.
Then it was time for primary and Wyatt was in charge of saying the opening prayer in sharing time. He said he wanted to say it by himself so I sat with my class and once again crossed my fingers. He got up to say the prayer and he wouldn't say anything. When I looked up he was pointing at kids that were not ready for the prayer and showing them to fold their arms. It was really really cute! He waited and waited until everyone was ready and then he said his prayer. I was really amazed at how great of a boy he is even though he is a little character at times. I was really proud of him today!
1 comment:
Aww that brought a tear to my just reading this!
Post a Comment