Earlier in the week the kids were asked to bring in empty food boxes, milk cartons, anything they could to have at their preschool "store". They learned about all the different kinds of foods and were able to go food shopping. Kennady had a lot of fun with it and was excited when the day came to go to Harmons. They all gathered around as Judith (the cute old lady) started her little tour of the grocery store.
Here she explained about the weekly ads and how if you look over them you can save money.
Judith then took them to the produce section and explained how important it is to eat your fruits and vegetables. She let them count how many different types of apples there were and showed them that cauliflower comes in purple and orange also. I actually didn't know that probably because I don't like cauliflower and never buy it. The kids thought it was pretty neat though.
This part I'm not sure what she was telling the kids since I was jabbering away with another mother. I stopped talking long enough just to get the picture:)
This was Kennady's favorite part of the store...the bakery. Every time we go shopping at Harmons she always wants either a donut or one of the free cookies that they always give out. Judith talked about the different kinds of breads they bake there, they got to watch one of the ladies finish frosting a cake, and then of course Judith whipped out the free cookies.
She was so funny when I tried to take her picture with her cookie. Every time I would go to take a picture she would hurry and put the cookie in front of her face. So that's the picture we ended up with.
We finished up at the deli section and once again I am a horrible mother and wasn't listening to what Judith was telling them. It looks like Kennady was interested though. Maybe that was the part that her teacher said they were done with the tour and that they get to sit down and have a piece of cake...the one that they watched the lady finish frosting.
So all the kids were to sit down at the tables to wait for their piece of cake. Four kids fit at a table but Kennady decided she wanted to sit at a table with just me. Oh how I love my little girl and the fact that she loves her mommy:) I still tried talking her into sitting with her friends Sophie and Landry but she just wanted to sit with me. It was an awe moment for me....I love you Kennady!
One more thing- we had issues with her vest she was wearing. One minute she would want it on and the next she had to have it off. Most of the time it was off and that's why she is in a plain white shirt. Oh well!
No comments:
Post a Comment