Do you ever have those days that motherhood has taken it’s tulle on you and you realize that you are grumpy more than you are happy? That’s me!
Today I started thinking about what joys motherhood brings. There are many great things that popped into my head but then I decided to reflect more on the things that makes motherhood chaotic and how I can fix it, or can I? (This is the start of me fixing my bad attitudeJ) I racked my brain and came up with some “other joys” of motherhood. Or at least the joys that us mothers “get” to experience.
What are your joys of being a mother? Here are a few “other joys” I have found of being a mother.
· The kid’s finger prints on walls, doors, mirrors, house windows, car windows, and the stainless steel fridge. You wipe them off and 2 minutes later they are back.
· The kids could be totally focused on a cartoon, book, or just playing with toys when the next thing you know as soon as you sit down to go potty they walk in on you. It happens all the freaking time and the question is “what are you doing”?
· You know you can’t take a shower without being interrupted
· The constant word MOM ringing in my ears all day
· The kids have to tell you every time they have to go to the bathroom.
· When I clean the kid’s bathroom and once again I turn around and somehow Wyatt still has not found the inside of the toilet.
· Endless laundry, dishes, cooking, and the cleaning that never seems to stay clean for more than a half an hour.
· The fighting, teasing, and yelling (the yelling is more on my part but I am trying to fix itJ)
· The dings and holes in the walls, a new found stain on the carpet which makes it more than you can count on your fingers now
· The many, many, many, candy wrappers, cut up paper, goldfish crackers, pretzels and whatever else the kids feel like leaving on the floor or under, behind and in the cushions of the couch.
· Don’t get me started on where they leave gum. What gum? I didn’t buy or say they could have gum. Oh the gum they happened to rummage through my purse for and now I have none. Maybe that’s why all my lip glosses end up missing too- Kennady!!!!
· Why is the kitchen floor all sticky? We usually have some sort of new spill
· The minute I say it’s time to do your homework we have a melt down and the word “but” along with the reason why we shouldn’t do homework follows it.
· You tell them to clean their rooms as part of their chores and well- at least they tried. Cleaning to them is taking everything off the floor and putting it either on the dresser or bed.
· You tell them no and they keep doing it
· Then nothing is worse when I realize my kids have learned a few of my bad habits. I will only mention a few because I am not perfect. First: they have picked up a 4 letter “H” or “S” word that occasionally slips out when I am beyond my limit. Second: they seem to yell too. I am not proud admitting these!
These are some of the things that make it one of those days where I would like a little less chaos and just a few minutes of peace and quiet. How great will that day be when you sit down and have a quiet home all to yourself….will it be great? I am pretty sure when that day comes that these “other joys” are going to be what I will be missing the most. Today I feel as if I should have some gratitude in my heart that I get to experience motherhood. Whether it’s the good joys or the “other joys”, I need to sit back and be grateful for my 3 little kiddos who bring out my grumpiness. :) I love them dearly!!!
2 comments:
Cute post. I could not help smiling the whole time I read it- all of it is so true but worth it!!
You are the cutest! As I was reading that I felt like it was something I wrote myself.....everything on that list I feel like I experience everyday. I have been trying to be happier and not yell at my kids to....I swear its the only way they listen to me but I hate yelling all the time :)
Post a Comment