The kids primary program was this past sunday (halloween). I teach the CTR 4 class which is Wyatt's & Kennady's age. You would think on sunday I would be able to have 3 hrs without my children...not the case. This year in the primary program each class had to memorize a prophet part to the song Follow the Prophet. Logan's class sang about Samuel and they did pretty good but they all didn't want to sing very loud. Wyatt & Kennady's class sang about Enoch. I had practiced with them alot so both of them knew the words to the whole part. Kennady sang it all but didn't sing very loud with her being shy and Wyatt....well everyone said he stole the show. He knew the whole part about Enoch and sang it as loud as he could. It was so funny the whole congregation was laughing and turning back staring at Aaron. Aaron was laughing so hard he was crying partly because it was so funny & the fact that he was so proud he said. I was trying to keep it together and I was laughing so hard I was crying too. They all did a fantastic job at memorizing their parts and none of them needed help. Way to go kiddos! This was their other parts beside the prophet song that they learned.
Logan: The Holy Ghost testifies of the truth of all things. In Moroni 10:5 we read: By the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.
Wyatt: I know that my Heavenly Father loves me
Kennady: I know my Heavenly Father loves me because he sent me to a loving family
I am glad I am back in the primary. There is just something about all the kids singing the primary songs that always makes ya feel the spirit.
Here are a few other things about that day:
*I asked one of my kids in my class what he dressed up as for halloween- his response was a flippin idiot. :) gotta love what kids say.
*I was saving a seat for my mom & dad who NEVER miss anything and when the sacrament was being passed and they weren't there I knew they weren't coming. I called my mom later on & asked if she had missed something- the tears came out:) Of course us Herricks are emotional messes anyway but I knew that she had felt really bad that she forgot. I didn't care that they had missed it-there will be plenty more of them but I had to write about this for memory sake and the fact that my mom actually forgot. LOL! we still love her.
*Grandpa Stewart came and was very proud of the kids of how well of a job they did memorizing their parts.
No comments:
Post a Comment